Monday 18 February 2008

fingerTIPS FOR PREPARING A SALAD.....

When preparing a salad, don't always assume that big is best. This large, heavy razor sharp cleaver although great for taking the legs off chickens can have its downside.
While using the large, heavy razor sharp cleaver to cut carrots which are rolling around, don't be distracted by images you may see on the TV. Especially don't let your attention be diverted by the cute Canadian Miss Chriqui, because you will miss the carrot and cut through your nail and deep into the flesh of your finger. It will hurt and be very messy...
Firstly, a digit count...9.98, good enough for me, anyway, there's no spares in stock. Practically minded as I am, this seemed the best solution to putting everything back together. After all the packet does say, "Sticks: china, metals, laminates, and much more....", perfect!
Right, tape it up and maybe a zip tag to hold it all together, that should do. I might avoid getting it wet in the shower, wouldn't want anything dropping off.
Conclusion; salads are good for you, cleavers are bad, and girls are dangerous....

15 comments:

LesleyinNM said...

That is why I never use cleavers. I have a hard enough time keeping from cutting myself with regular knives. I just have bad luck with such things. Don't even ask how often I have cut myself merely closing my pocket knife.

I hope your recovery is quick!

Lee Ann said...

Whoa! so sorry...hope your finger heals quickly.
Have a great week!
~xo
Lee Ann

JLee said...

Oh my God!! Be careful, man!

rawbean said...

eeek

photowannabe said...

My goodness, what a weapon for those carrots.
I guess that will teach you to pay attention..A very pretty distraction...

Jessica said...

Ouch!!! I hate finger owies.
And I think there is something to the glue. They glued my neck back together. My neck felt like hard plastic for weeks.

Joe Jubinville said...

'Fess up, Barky. It was the "Hai-YA! move you were trying to impress Chriqui with, wasn't it.

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

Watch out for those Canadian girls, I always make sure they are not around when I chop firewood for the fire or I could lose a foot.
I also think they are the cause of the high accident rates on Canadian roads

Madwag said...

ouch....
and yes... we can be dangerous at times...lol.

Madwag said...

fingertip salad... a new menu choice

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Salad is bad for you and you have just proved that.
I have never had an injury from a big mac and fries!
:)

Ani L. Arambula said...

freakin' funny post!

well, 'cept for the fact that you got an owie... :-)

Anonymous said...

I always find that a bit of finger makes the meal!!! I mean really it's just testimony to your devotion to the food... I too have cut myself cutting carrots but the worst weapon of mass destruction is a potato peeler... many a time have I eaten mashed potato with skin shavings!! ;-)

Russell Hill said...

I can't wait for the post where you tell everyone about that shaving accident you had with the axe...

now THAT was some serious blood!!!

"M2" said...

poor baby